By Polar Jun 30, 2012
We have seen active raiding guilds decline 50% since the beginning of the year, with the most rapid drop happening shortly after the mid-May release of Diablo 3. Let's hope a release date announcement for Mists is not too far away.

GuildOx measures active raiding guilds as those that have gained a boss kill or raid achievement within the past month or those guilds that have completed Heroic Madness of Deathwing.

Update: WoW Insider Coverage
By brismit Jul 03, 2012
I have a technical question on the definition of "Raiding Guild," because your definition is slightly vague. It could be interpreted to read "gained a boss kill achievement" or as "killed a boss" within the last month. For example, my guild is still stuck on 1/8H and has been for for a while (yeah, core attendance is off) but we still raid DS each week - I have the suspicion that we wouldn't be counted as "Active" by this method, especially based on what GuildOx is designed to measure. Am I correct?
By Polar Jul 04, 2012
If your guild has not completed a raid achievement (either a new boss kill or one of the dragon soul raid achievements) in the past 30 days then you will not be considered as an active raiding guild - even if you are actively raiding DS each week.