By Polar (site admin) Mar 13, 2012
25m raiding is dying a slow, but painful death. Seriously, I am not even going to bother to throw any more stats around other than to say that 10m raiding guilds out-number 25m raiding guilds by a massive ratio. We all know it; our friends at Blizzard know it too. The Blizzard game designers have had plenty of patches and opportunities to entice raiders back to 25m raiding but they have not done it.

Why not? I strongly suspect it is because they have plans for a new raid format for Mists of Pandaria.

I was hoping they would http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?w=N&ID=311'>announce something at Blizzcon. The concept of new single 15m raid format has been kicked around for a while but the response we all got when the question was raised was:

Asking your guild to kick or add people is difficult. No matter what raid size is, there'll be problems.

A yes or no answer - not quite; but a very tactfully evaded response nonetheless.

With the Mists of Pandaria press tour happening this week, I am expecting a new raid size announcement of some form - let's see what the week brings and let's hope it brings some good news to those that enjoy the challenges of the larger raid format. The larger format needs some form of scroll of resurrection, and urgently!

-Polar