By Polar Aug 7, 2013
The latest 5.4 patch notes brings loads of changes to professions:
- Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator no longer randomizes digsites when acquired, and is more difficult to obtain. They can now only be purchased as part of a Mantid Artifact Hunter’s Kit, which includes a Lorewalker’s Map.
- New Raid and PvP blacksmithing plans have been added. These new plans can be researched by crafting Balanced Trillium Ingots, allowing the blacksmith to learn a random new plan.
- Plans for Balanced Trillium Ingot could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
- A number of new cooking recipes have been added, including new foods that give +300 to a primary stat and noodle carts. Some of these new recipes can be learned from drops in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, others from quests.
- Items formerly obtained with Valor Points that now cost Justice Points as well as gear crafted from new PvP recipies or plans will now disenchant into Sha Crystal Fragments.
- Multiple Sha Crystal Fragments can be combined into a Sha Crystal.
- Engineers that are able to acquire Chief Engineer Jard’s Journal can learn to craft Jard's Peculiar Energy Source; a new material used in a number of new engineering schematics. The journal can be obtained as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
- Blingtron 4000 Gift Packages now has a chance to contain Lil’ Bling, a companion pet.
- With the lakes and rivers in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms drained of water, the Cloud Serpents carried little buckets of Jewel Danio and relocated them to the Timeless Isle so they can thrive once more.
- Many new glyph techniques have been added, and some existing glyphs have been changed. Some of the new techniques can be obtained from creatures anywhere in Pandaria, while others can only be found on powerful creatures that reside on the Timeless Isle.
- A new technique to create Crafted Malevolent Gladiator’s Medallion of Tenacity can be found as a world drop
- New Raid and PvP leatherworking patterns have been added. These new patterns can be researched by crafting Hardened Magnificent Hide, allowing the leatherworker to learn a random new pattern.
- Patterns for Hardened Magnificent Hide could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
- Leatherworkers can find a pattern to craft Drums of Rage as a drop from creatures in Pandaria. The drums can be used by anyone to give their raid a minor bloodlust-like effect.
- New Raid and PvP tailoring patterns have been added. These new patterns can be researched by crafting Celestial Cloth, allowing the tailor to learn a random new pattern.
- Patterns for Celestial Cloth could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.